Do you know about the ancient old Chinese Acupuncture therapy?
Let me tell you some of its strangest facts!
Over the last few years, holistic medicine has become widely popular and acupuncture is one such therapy; acupuncture is an ancient old Chinese therapy which is known to treat certain chronic pains and ailments. Many people are familiar with the acupuncture process, and I bet most of you fear from those needles.
Well, these needles are used to insert to certain body points that are linked to our various organs; these needles when inserted in those points, trigger them, and you get relief from pain.
Remarkable History behind the Acupuncture Therapy!
Acupuncture has globally acclaimed for treating physical as well as mental ailments; it is believed that the discovery of acupuncture was because of a war. We all know that many of the countless technologies, which are beneficial to the mankind, came into existence due to the making of more dangerous weapons.
Interestingly, Acupuncture is one of them. A legend says that, during a war, Chinese warriors discovered that arrows striking at definite points in the body restored them from some or other chronic conditions. This sound strange, as well as funny – imagine, a person gets hit by the arrow in back and it helped him get rid of that headache; but what about the arrow that got stuck in the back?
Acupuncture is very beneficial, and many people are now turning themselves towards these traditional methods of healing because they are less expensive, as well as provide other health benefits. Some of the interesting facts are mentioned here, which will make you ponder over trying this amazing therapy:
- This therapy dates back 5000 years old, and experts have claimed that there are as many as 1000-2000 Acupoints in our body. Of these the acupuncture therapists have identifies only 8-18 points for treatments of various chronic pains and ailment.
- Research suggests that acupuncture can help in relieving pain, especially in the neck, shoulder low back, teeth, jaw, and knee. They are helpful in conditions like
- Tennis elbow
- Headaches and migraines
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Acupuncture is an individual process, which means that for a single disease, the acupoints differed from person to person. For instance, if 50 people have a common cold, then acupuncture therapy for 50 people would have different acupuncture points chosen as a part of their treatments.
- In ancient times – gold, silver, bamboo, bones, and stones – were some of the objects used while practicing acupuncture. Using these materials for the theory was not only painless but also sanitary. Today, the therapy is done with needles that are made of stainless steel and are disposable that makes the procedure painless and safe.
- It is not easy to become an Acupuncturist! A licensed acupuncturist attend a tedious graduate program of around 3-4 years, and have to complete 2000+ clinical internships hours; they are required to maintain their license by continuing the education. The education part includes safety, ethics, recognition of when to refer patients to other healthcare professionals, and medical history gathering. Acupuncturist Toronto is recognized for providing the best therapy and they are through with the acupoints on the human body.
Acupuncture is an incredible therapy, which has its own benefits; if you are suffering from some chronic pains, then acupuncture therapy is best for you. Many of you fear about the pain you’ll experience from these needles, but believe me, this therapy is painless.
Enjoy your painless therapy!